As a patient, you have a named GP and is based on the first letter of your last (family) name.
Hemsby Villages Surgery
Hemsby patients will be allocated a named gp as stated below:
- A, F-J, Q, Y, Z – Dr Blake (f)
- B-E, K-O, U-W – Dr Gibson (m)
- P, R-T – Dr Flahive (m)
Named GP Policy
Under the terms of our contract, we are required by the Government to allocate all patients a Named Accountable GP (“Named GP”). Patients will be informed of their Named GP at the first appropriate interaction with the Practice, or, depending on the list size and its complexity, a doctor may be assigned to you based on your last (family) name and this can be found on our website for your specific surgery. If you do not know your Named GP, simply contact our reception staff at your normal surgery.
New patients will be allocated a Named GP at the time of their registration with the Practice.
Having a Named GP does not prevent you seeing any other doctor in your surgery, and of course, your Named GP may not be available all of the time. So, if your needs are urgent, you may need to discuss them with another doctor and/or make an appointment with them instead.
Your Named GP will have overall responsibility for the care and support that our Practice provides to you. They will also work with other relevant healthcare professionals, who are involved in your care, to ensure that your care package meets your individual needs.
Your Named GP will:
- Take lead responsibility for ensuring that all appropriate services required under the contract with the Practice are delivered to you.
- Where required, based on their professional judgement, work with relevant associated health and social care professionals to deliver a multidisciplinary care package that meets your needs.
- Ensure that your physical and psychological needs are recognised and responded to by the relevant clinicians in the Practice.
Your Named GP will not:
- Take on vicarious responsibility for the work of other doctors or healthcare professionals.
- Take on 24-hour responsibility for you, or have to change their working hours. Thus, this requirement does not imply personal availability to GPs throughout the working week.
- Be the only clinician who will provide you with care.
You may, if you wish, change your Named GP to a GP of your choice (at the same surgery), and this can be accomplished by contacting our reception staff at your normal surgery. However, please remember that changing your Named GP will not affect the care that you receive.